Cost of Quality: Identification for Improvement
This one day course will introduce you to the various costs of quality. Cost of Quality (COQ) is an excellent continuous improvement (CI) management tool.
COQ can be used effectively to identify, prioritize and then track CI projects by breaking down quality costs into the four standard categories of prevention, inspection, internal and external failure.
Quality cost data can be collected through a cost of quality assessment process. This course presents an overview of the process.
- How to define the COQ
- The linkage between COQ and Quality Improvement
- How to determine prevention and appraisal costs
- How to determining internal & external failure
- How to use COQ for improvement
- A process for designing a COQ system
Who Should AttendAll employees, managers and excellence professionals responsible for increasing the effectiveness of their workgroup or organization
Suitable for both the public and private sectors
- Where the cost of quality fits in with conventional accounting
- About research conducted by the University of Waterloo analysing the Cost of Quality
- The elements and definitions of the cost of quality
- The benefits of thinking about the Cost of Quality
- About tools and strategies to reduce the cost of non-conformance in your workplace