About the Progressive Excellence Program® (PEP)
The Progressive Excellence Program® (PEP) Overview
Is your company looking for ways to improve organizational performance? Excellence Canada can help.
Excellence Canada’s Progressive Excellence Program® (PEP) is the implementation model for the Framework for Organizational Excellence that helps companies all over Canada nurture a quality and/or healthy workplace focus. The Framework is a comprehensive and practical framework for improvement. The Principles for Excellence permeate the six drivers to form the foundation for long-term improvement, and to achieve sustained organizational performance and results. It also serves as the basis for adjudication of the Canada Awards for Excellence program.
How Can Your Company Benefit from PEP?
- Lower attrition rates (normally ½ the rate of the respective sector)
- Lower sickness and absenteeism
- Lower payments to Workers Compensation
- Reduction in employee grievances
- Reduction in staff turnover
- Savings in operating cost through increased productivity
- Reduction in cycle times - Increase in customer satisfaction
- Increase in employee satisfaction/morale
- Decrease in injuries
Other Benefits of PEP
- Helps achieve consistency of direction
- Facilitates consensus on what needs to be done
- Promotes optimization
- Enhances assurance focus
- Is target driven with external validation
- Integrates various improvement initiatives
- Improves communication on excellence
PEP is a four-Level implementation program for organizational excellence leading to the Canada Awards for Excellence (CAE).
PEP is an implementation roadmap for the Canada Awards for Excellence Frameworks that are provided by Excellence Canada. Each Framework contains a set of Criteria for organizational excellence. Excellence Canada has developed approximately 15 CAE Frameworks, and has customized them for various sectors, and for each of Excellence Canada’s product streams: Quality, Healthy Workplace®, and the "integrated" stream which is known as Excellence, Innovation and Wellness (formerly Quality & Healthy Workplace®).
Order the PEP Tool Kit
If the PEP program sounds like something your company would like to pursue, we look forward to assisting. Excellence Canada provides a series of PEP Tool Kits to facilitate implementation. Each Tool Kit includes the following:
- A copy of the Criteria related to the applicable Framework
- A Guide to assist in the interpretation of the Criteria
- One or more Assessment Workbooks to assist with team input and dialogue when completing an assessment against the Criteria.